Wedding in Israel
What place could be better for wedding than the Holy Land? Only in Israel you can celebrate your wedding in places, where Jesus and his disciples walked and preformed miracles, and on the next day relax at one of comfortable resorts and spas.
We will be glad to take care of all the logistics and design a tour itinerary according to your wishes, so you would have a wedding of your dreams. You can hold the ceremony at the Wedding Church in Cana or at one of the churches of Jerusalem. If after the celebration you would like to rest and relax, we offer a variety of resorts (Dead Sea, Mediterranean Sea, Red Sea, Sea of Galilee, mineral springs of Golan Heights etc.). If you prefer a more active pastime, we can offer you all kinds of activities (kayaking, horseback riding, Jeep tours in Judea desert) or more classical tour of religious and historical sites.
We will be glad to welcome you in Israel and organize a perfect wedding for you.
Terms of the Sacrament of Marriage in the Orthodox Church:
1. Both of the newlyweds should be baptized in the Orthodox Church and wear a crucifix.
2. You’ll need to present a passport and marriage certificate.
3. You’ll need to obtain permission of the Jerusalem Patriarchate.
4. You’ll have to be dressed appropriately. The bride must have a headdress (e.g. traditional veil) and, preferably, white (light) dress. Not allowed shorts and shirts with short sleeves.
5. It is recommended that before the wedding the couple attend the Divine Liturgy and receive Holy Communion (only after preparing by fasting and Holy Confession).
Wedding can be held at:
1. Greek Orthodox Church of Wedding in Cana – the place of Wedding at Cana, where Jesus performed his first miracle – turned water into wine.
2. The Holy Trinity Cathedral – 19th century cathedral near the Old City of Jerusalem.
3. Church of St. Alexander Nevsky – Russian church located about 70 meters from the Holy Sepulcher.
Terms of the Sacrament of Marriage in the Catholic Church:
1. Baptismal certificate.
2. Letter of impediment.
3. You’ll have to be dressed appropriately.
4. For married couples there is a “Renewal of Marriage” option (in Church of Wedding in Cana)
Wedding can be held at:
Franciscan Wedding Church at Cana – the place of Wedding at Cana, where Jesus performed his first miracle – turned water into wine.