When to come?
Weather and climate in Israel
If we talk about the tourist season in Israel, every month is suitable for recreation.
As a rule, this month is rainy and cool. It’s the peak of the rainy season. The average temperature in Israel in January 11 – 12 degrees Celsius, but often there are days when the air temperature reaches 18, even to 22. Therefore, considering such weather conditions in January sunbathe and swim in the sea is unlikely to succeed. But, a mild weather attract those who come to Israel for the tour, it is much nicer to see the sights of this interesting country in the soft, cool weather, but not in +40-degree weather.
This month belongs to the rainy season in Israel, but the air temperature is higher than in January and is +15 – +21 degrees C. The weather provides an excellent opportunity to enjoy a variety of tours that we are pleased to offer you. It can be guided tours, sightseeing, spa, tours to the holy and historical places. But, above all, in February surprises tourists ski season in Israel. Yes, yes, in February, visitors can enjoy skiing and snowboarding at the ski resort, located on Mount Hermon in the north of the country.
The beginning of the spring season, bringing to Israel a warm and sunny weather. Precipitation is less, rainy season ends. And in the first month of spring brave can swim in the sea, the water is gradually heated, the temperature sometimes reaches +26 +27 C.
In Israel April is a real summer. Air temperature from +19 to +29. This temperature difference is because the country has several climatic zones and, consequently, the temperature in the different climatic zones is different: in the north, 19, and at the same time in the south 29. Almost no precipitation. Water in April, up from 27 in the Mediterranean Sea and the Red and Dead – even higher. Since April opens the official beach season in Israel.
As April in Israel is typically the summer months. Air is heated to 32 C. Almost no precipitation, and water in seas up to nearly the same temperature as the air temperature – 27 in the Red Sea and the Mediterranean and the Dead 31 C. In May the most popular tours are the resort, beach tours.
The height of summer – the air temperature +35, and in some areas even reachs 37 – 40 C. In addition, a dry wind from the desert makes the air hot, especially hot this time of year at the Dead Sea. In June, the best form of relaxation is beach vacation. Beach season in Israel at this time in the midst of the water, temperature in the sea – does not fall below +24 – + 26 C.
The peak tourist season in Israel. Although the air temperature often passes for 40, the tourists come to the country to enjoy the beautiful scenery, relax on the shores of the Mediterranean and the Red Sea. They rest at the numerous beaches, equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay, and improve health in healing waters of the Dead Sea. July is the month that allows you to fully enjoy all the leisure activities offered by the Tourist Israel. To sultry temperatures are easier to carry, it is recommended to spend holidays at sea or in the mountains.
The hottest summer month. Even in the north, the air temperature 27 and at this time does not fall below. Slightly cooler than in the whole country is in the center of Israel, and the hottest weather is in the east. At this time, it is best to vacation on the coast of the sea, where you can cool off in the waters of the Red Sea, Mediterranean Sea and Galilee. Beach season in Israel lasts until October.
With the advent of this month the temperature in the country is not reduced, in Israel it’s a real summer. Beach season continues, yachting, hang gliding, scuba diving… In September you can swim, sunbathe, in short, the summer continues.
The weather in the first half of the month is almost no different from the summer. Water and air temperature is comfortable, you can swim and sunbathe on Israeli beaches. But in the second half of the month the temperature drops a bit, starts to rain. Since the second half of October, tourist beach season in Israel is almost phased out.
At this time in Israel rains begin. Although the weather is rainy, day temperature does not drop below 21, the water in the seas hotter – +22 – +24 C. Although officially beach season in Israel ends in October, but on the Red Sea you can safely swim and take air baths. Besides, the weather contributes to the development of other areas of tourism – pilgrimage, sightseeing, recreation. It is much nicer to see the sights, monuments and holy places with air temperature 21 than 40 C.
The snow in this country is very rare, although in the mountains, it falls, and even on Mount Hermon is a wonderful ski resort. But most of all in Israel in December it rains, this month is the wettest, although the temperature hardly drops below 14 C.
In short, the tourist season in Israel, subject to weather conditions, but it is a unique country where you can relax all year round by choosing something for the soul!
Jewish holidays for each month
We divided the holidays by month.
• September 13-15, 2015 – The Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) – the order for these dates must be done in a few months in advance.
• September 23, 2015 – Yom Kippur – Day of Atonement – comes almost immediately after the Jewish New Year and is a very important religious event in the life of the whole country. Does not work absolutely nothing, closed cafes, restaurants, shops and all other institutions of the country, the movement of the public and private transport stops, radio and TV stop broadcastin, much of the population to meet strict fasting, excluding from their diet even water. If a traveler agrees to share with the inhabitants of the country religious restrictions, he will see how this unusual day marks the whole country: the religious and the secular population even wears white fancy clothes and attends numerous synagogues. While the adults pray, Israeli kids from morning to evening ride bicycles, skateboards and roller skates on the streets free from traffic. You should remember that any entertainment and travel this day completely eliminated.
• September 28 – October 5, 2015 – Sukkot – Feast of Tabernacles is a fun week holiday, which ends on a joyous day of the Giving of the Torah, Simchat Torah. Across the country, almost every yard of a private home, to the modern high-rise buildings can be seen the so-called Sukkah. It’s temporary tent, built in honor of this holiday. All week, many Israelis prefer to spend time in Sukkah, even sleep there at night.
November – December:
• December 7-14, 2015 – Chanukah is a festival dedicated to the liberation of the Jewish dynasty from the yoke of the Greek Seleucid dynasty. The holiday lasts for eight days.
March – April:
• March 5, 2015 – Purim is celebrated in the early spring. It’s a Jewish holiday that commemorates the deliverance of the Jewish people in the ancient Persian Empire from destruction in the wake of a plot by Haman. It is very fun two-day festival, accompanied by a cheerful carnival. Not only all the children in the country disguised in various costumes, but also many adults.
• April 4-10, 2015 – Passover is dedicated to the Exodus from Egypt. It is forbidden to eat bread instead matzah is eaten. The central event of the holiday is the Seder (order), which is carefully regulated and consists of many elements. Passover in Israel is 7-days holiday, the first and last days are non-working. This is the period of holidays and trips abroad for the Israelis. Tourists coming to Israel from abroad. It is the most expensive tourist season of the year. All hotels and services need to be booked in advance for a few months.
• April 22, 2015 – Yom Zikaron – Day of Remembrance for Israeli Fallen Soldiers and Victims of Terrorism. Before the day begins at 20.00 local time with a one-minute siren during which most Israelis stand in silence (moment of silence), honoring the memory of those who died. The official ceremony held at the Western Wall on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. At 11.00 am the next morning two-minute siren sounds, after which is the official commemoration ceremony and private cemeteries. These days are working days in the country.
• April 23, 2015 – Israel’s Independence Day is dedicated to the proclamation of the State of Israel in 1948. This non-working day, in the evening the whole country is lit up by numerous lengthy fireworks.